April Fool's

So today I'm not writing an April Fool's blog, but today is April Fool's. I'm just going to rant and vent, and simply express some emotions I've felt lately. I hope it doesn't step on anyone's toes, and if you're easily offended, you may just want to click the close tab button now. Don't say I didn't warn you!
The more I live, the more I realize that people in general are not very smart. Sure there are intelligent people all over, but the general mass population is lacking a lot of common sense. For instance-I walk into a local convenience store tonight to get gas. There are at least 4 people in line in front of me. The whole time I'm in line, the clerk at the cash register is complaining and whining about her job, about the customers, about how the EMS guy in front of me "better be on call-cuz I'm goin home to get me a drink". My question is...do you realize your job deals with the public, and the public's opinion of you may heavily sway them to purchase things from your employer. So I took my happy behind to another convenience store after she got mouthy with me.
Here's another instance of sheer brilliance. My wife and I are driving West on I-26, just coming into Columbia. I've traveled this road a hundred times or more, making trips to ball games, and to see family and friends. There is this guy in a nice chrysler 300M who we've been riding beside and around for approximately 50 miles. I'm driving in the left lane, going well over the speed limit, and he pulls up really fast on my right and gets stuck behind a slower moving vehicle. He falls in and does it again, only the second time he swerves in front of me, causing me to have to slow down, and let him in, otherwise my wife's Corrolla would've been parked up his butt. Anyway, I beeped the little horn (intimidating to say the least) to let him know I did NOT approve of being cut off, and he flips me off in the rear view mirror. I ignored. He then proceeds to roll his window down and give me the bird. I guess the first one wasn't good enough, because it didn't warrant a response from me. The second wasn't good enough either, b/c I just laughed. Inside I was mad, sure, but I didn't let him know it. So he looks like the idiot, and probably feels like one too, because I didn't stoop to his level.
another Awesome encounter with the eternally brilliant of our time was at another gas station where I had 15 cents off every gallon of gas I bought. I wanted 20 gallons of gas, the original price was $3.20. So, my math means that I'll pay for 20 gallons at $3.05....am I correct...I hope so, I have a college degree and working on a second. Anyway, this chick at the gas station can't do the math. Simply because she can't get the calculator to bring up $3.05, she can't do it!! It just so happens one of my students is in the store beside me, buying something in the other line. He looks at me, I look at him, he starts to laugh. I said, "please stay in school, Marquez." He said, "Coach, this is all I needed to see." How sad?
But, none of that should surprise me, after all, the people of this country did elect a muslim mobster from the southside of Chicago who went to a "church" that said he looked forward to the day the United States of America was "no more", to the presidency. We made him the most powerful man in the world, DUMB. How's that hopey, changey, feely crap working out for us now?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

first ever blog

Letters to my son(Joshua) #1

Fridays